Sunday, December 6, 2015

Blogmas Day 6 | Jingle All The Way Frame

 

Pinterest, my friends, is a wonderful thing.  Need to know how to tie the perfect bow?  It's on there.  Need a recipe for creme brule? Yup, take your pick.  My Christmas board is growing by the minute right now, with meal ideas, wrapping, wreaths, cocktails...the list is literally never ending.  I came across this pin some time ago, and just loved everything about it from the style of the font, to that fact it's a shadow box frame which means you can trap little objects between the backing board and the glass.  The Range opened up a new store nearby s while I was in I decided to have a go at making my own interpretation and I thought I would share it with you, since it's Christmas n'all that!


All you'll need to create this little piece of festive art is:

  • A shadow box frame of your desired size.  I picked up this one from The Range at a bargainous £2.99 - Ikea also have a good selection.
  • Something to fill the void in your shadow box.  I picked bells since my wording was "Jingle all the way", also from The Range and £1.00 per pack
  • Printable acetate from Hobbycraft, £2.69 for 5 sheets
  • A printer
  • Scissors
  • Double-sided tape
  • Paper


I love the style of writing so much from this pin that I purchased the .png images as I couldn't find another font which worked as well as this.  Once I downloaded it I printed it onto the printable acetate and trimmed it to the size of the window of my frame.  I used a really thin line of double-sided tape at the four corners of my acetate before securing it against the inside of the glass of the frame.  Next I asked my husband Darren to create a candy-cane striped background on Photoshop for me, before printing it out and trimming it to the size of the apeture of the frame.  This was slightly larger than the acetate.  I emptied the bells into the cavity of the frame, positioned the background and replaced the back board of the frame,

Then I sat back and admired my handiwork for a good 10 minutes.  I may even have sipped a hot chocolate during said admiration.  Hey, I worked hard doing all that cutting and printing!


SHARE:

1 comment

© scotlass99. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig