Saturday, December 5, 2015

Blogmas Day 5 | A Typical Winter FOTD


I have recently rediscovered the Lorac Pro Palette which was laying unloved under my more often used pile of Naked palettes.  It's a real 'staple' make-up item and has the kinds of colours I'm sure most of us reach for on a day-to-day basis; neutrals, a few shimmers shades and some darker crease colours.  The pigmentation and texture of the shadows is spot on, needing only one swipe of the brush and very easy to blend.  

Today I started with the colour Light Pink on the lid and then used Mauve, an earthy mid-tone cool brown as a transition shade.  I then used a smidge of Sable, a warm brown in the outer and inner corners of the eyes in an attempt to create a more deep-set eye look.  I finished off with some Maybelline gel liner and my go-to mascara, Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Ultra Black.  

For my base I used the Too Faced Born This Way foundation in Light Beige.  I'm completely on the fence about this foundation - it has great coverage but has quite a shiny finish that I'm not sure I'm a fan of.  I then used Kevin Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer as my concealer under my eyes and to cover any additional redness.  I haven't used this in a while as it's one of those 'I don't really know what to do with it' products.  It's a thick cream, and I mean thick!  I haven't quite got to grips with this product, but today I warmed a teeny bit on the back of my hand and I was really pleased with how it applied.  Blush was MAC Warm Soul, a great, goes with anything type shade.  I used Maybelline's Tantalising Taupe on my lips then added a bit of shine with Maybelline Petal Plush lipgloss on top.

As i'm say writing this, the rain is hammering on the window and the wind is howling.  Be safe out there guys!




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© scotlass99. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig