Thursday, December 3, 2015

Blogmas Day 3 | November Favourites

The confusion of me writing a November Favourites post on Day 3 of Blogmas has not escaped me, I've just been liking a lot of stuff this month and thought it deserved its own post before we got too far into the month.  Okay, disclosure done, let's crack on with the good stuff shall we?

First up is Handy Gurugu hand cream from Lush.  I'm not normally a hand cream user, but the sudden dip in temperature has left my hands dry and flaky...lovely eh?  So during a recent visit to Lush with my husband Darren in tow, he mentioned how dry his hands also were and that we should buy some Lush hand cream.  I knew there was a good reason I married this man, I tells ya!  We settled on Handy Gurugu as it had a rich, buttery texture but sank in relatively quickly.  We now both use it as part of our bedtime routine and I must admit it does seem to be making a difference to both of our hands (both sets of hands? All of our hands? Why doesn't that sound right?!)

Next I have been using Schwarzkopf got2b Mind Blowing Fast Dry Hairspray after seeing Kate La Vie rave about it on her blog.  That girl has shamazing hair so I'm more than willing to buy up everything she uses in an attempt to emulate her tresses quite frankly!  I had seen this product when it first launched but to be honest, I wasn't all that sure what it actually did.  The packaging doesn't really shed much light on how to use and the instructions are minimal. I've been using it on freshly washed hair and working in sections using short blasts all over my head.  It claims to speed up drying time which I haven't really noticed, but I tend to let my hair air dry til it's about 50% dry anyway and I haven't noticed much of a difference in that respect.  However, where this product excels is adding bounce and 'life' to my fine hair. I struggle to find products that don't weigh down my hair or make it greasy-looking but this, when used sparingly, really seems to make my hair look better.  I have also noticed that my hair keeps its style better for longer - I even had a day-three good hair day last week!

I've had the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation for some time, but have found that if I wear it in the warmer months it gives me way too much shine.  I tried it early in November and found that the colder weather means that instead of descending into a oily mess, it imparts a healthy glow which, let's face it, is what we all need at this time of year.  It also gives a decent amount of coverage - it's on the fuller side of medium, blends really easy and is generally low maintenance which is what I need in the half light rush of a weekday morning!  The only down side of this foundation - and it's a biggie - is that it isn't, to my knowledge, available to buy in the UK.  I got this while on honeymoon in the States.  This is such a shame, because it is somethin' special indeed.  

What have you been enjoying this past month?


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© scotlass99. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig