Monday, January 28, 2013

Beauty Resolution #3 - Learn to Love My Skin!

Can you believe I am still posting about my New Year resolutions?!  I had a bit of bad news so have taken a step back but I really wanted to post about this before the month of January was up.  I'm sure they say that by this date, most resolutions have been broken, but i'm happy to say i'm still going strong! Hurrah!

In the past few years my skincare regime has been scaled down and down until, at the end of last year, all I was doing was cleansing and not even applying moisturiser!  I can hear you all tutting in disapproval!  In return, my skin repaid me by either being super oily or flaky and dry.  It was clear it was time for a routine!  I've made a few new skincare purchases recently, let's have a look..


First up I am still using the very last drops of the Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil.  I previously reviewed this here and am happy to report that I am still loving this product.

I've been lusting after the entire Origins range since a concession appeared in my local Debenhams.  I am a little bit obsessed with applying oils to my face so decided I needed Origins Clean Energy Cleaning Oil in my life.  I actually bought the pump as it doesn't come with one, and I'm glad I did since you only need 2 pumps max.  It's really easy to use, just massage into dry skin, splash on some water to emulsify then I normally remove with my Emma Hardie Cleansing Cloth.  Not only does it smell divine, but it literally melts away make-up and doesn't strip the skin nor leave it oily.

I've been dipping my toe into face masks recently.  Well, not my actual toe, but my proverbial toe...!  During a recent jaunt round Asda I spied the nspa 5 Minute Magic Mask.  It has a bit of an odd texture, like a thick cream with little micro beads in it.  The idea is that as you apply the mask you rub in circular motions to burst these little beads, which releases more good stuff onto the skin.  This is a bit tricky to master if i'm honest, as I'm usually a fan of the smooth-and-go method when applying masks.  This requires a systematic smoothing and rubbing therefore takes a bit longer, but it's no biggie.  I did notice a fair bit of tingling with this mask, but nothing uncomfortable.  My face feels smooth when I rinse this off, but I need to trial it a bit longer to see if it does anything else.

Normally I wouldn't really pay much attention to Clinique as a skincare brand, their 3 step system just didn't do anything for me and I pretty much wrote them off in terms of suitable skincare.  However, they've really stepped up their game recently and I am now using the Even Better Eyes Dark Circle Corrector and the Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Remover.  I wanted to incorporate an eye cream into my routine since i'm not getting any younger, plus my dark circles aint getting any lighter.  This light texture tinted cream is dispensed through this metal nozzle which is lovely to use.  Are my dark circles gone?  Well, not exactly, but i'll stick with it.  I'm using the Dark Spot Corrector as a primer before foundation and it feels lovely on the skin.  It does seem to fade those horrible spot scars more quickly too which is a bonus!

My most recent purchase was the Keihl's Over Night Biological Peel.  I can be a bit lazy therefore i'm a fan of anything that I can slather on before bed and requires minimal effort from me.  At the moment I am using this 3 times a week and I must say, my skin feels nice and polished in the morning when I rinse this off.

I have my beady eye on a few other products but I think I will hold off til we go to Florida (in 3 weeks!!!) since many of them are US brands which I suspect will be cheaper over the pond!

Do you have any skincare recommendations?  In particular masks/treatments...remember, i'm lazy! :)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© scotlass99. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig