Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Review: Soleil Tan de Chanel

Hello beautiful people!

Today I would like to give you a little review on this much talked-about item from Chanel...
Previously known, I think, as Bronze Universal..but for today now it's called Soleil Tan de Chanel.  It is basically a cream bronzer.  I have always had this on my 'to-buy' list, but always hesitated splashing the cash as I wasn't sure it would work with my oily skin type.

So imagine my delight when my lovely mum picked this up for me in duty free!
The first thing that struck me was the texture of the product, I think I expected a mousse consistency (think Maybelline Dream Mousse), however it's more of a cream-gel.  It has quite a lot of 'slip' when swatched but at the same time doesn't feel greasy, hurrah!  It is also quite firm to the touch, which is good because when I first opened the packaging it seemed quite shallow and I had visions of me using this up very quickly.  However you can give this a good old swirl with your brush and it hardly seems to dent it at all!
In terms of colour, I would liken it to a light milk chocolate mousse colour (I'm currently on a fasting diet so please forgive the food references!!).  It's quite a neutral bronze and isn't overly pink or yellow based.    I was concerned that this colour wouldn't show up too well, as I had been using Hoola by Benefit which is a fair bit darker.  Once I applied it though, it was love!  It created this very natural, skin-like finish and the colour was a perfect sun-kissed bronze.  Here is a little swatch, left is applied and right is blended...
If you are on the look out for a new bronzer, I'd definitely suggest getting yourself along to a Chanel counter and trying it out.  Yes, it is pricey, but I honestly think this will last a long time, even with daily usage.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've always wanted to try this product!

    Nice review Heather ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know they had changed the name on it!
    I really, really wanna try this! :) x

    ReplyDelete

© scotlass99. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig